Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend and birthday celebrating

This past weekend was Easter....we also took the girls to Chuky E Cheese for Skye's birthday, and to the mall for some shopping. It was a very busy weekend. Saturday Tim took the day off so we tried to stay in bed as long as we could that morning. It still wasn't that long but it felt nice to not have to be out at 6:30-7:00. The girls were alittle anxious though. LOL Once we got up (about 8:00) we did some picking up around the house, got showers, and got everyone to go. We headed out about 11:30-11:45. We met up with my dad on Rte 12 and then headed to the mall after that. I wanted to take the girls to pick out outfits to wear the next day and also to see the Easter Bunny. The girls found outfits at Childrens Place, and what a chore that turned in to. Geez The girls had an obsession with wanting to use the fitting rooms. LOL From there we went and I asked the girls if they wanted to pick out new webkinz. :) They liked that. Brooke got an Arctic Fox (Husky she named it) and Skye picked out a dog, it looked like Brooke's Cocker Spaniel. While at the mall we went to see the Easter Bunny and Skye was hilarious. She was so excited to see him and all she wanted to do was go and give him a hug. The picture turned out really cute too. I have to scan it so I can post it here. We ended up passing by the bunny again before we left the mall and Skye was blowing kisses to the bunny and waving. Nope she is NOT shy. LOL Crazy, silly girl. :) Once we left the mall we went the Chuck E Cheese's and hung out there for about 2 hours. My dad came with us to the mall and then to Chuck E's. It was nice to just hang out. The girls had alot of fun. Brooke's friend Ashley was there for her cousin's birthday party. So Brooke and Ashley hung out most of the time. Skye liked to ride the little kid ride games...she wasn't too much into the games other than Skiball. That kid was DANGEROUS! LOL She got the hang of it after a while but I still didn't trust her and wouldn't take my eyes off of her and that ball. LOL Brooke loved skiball too....she did awesome at it actually. Before we left there we got the girls ice cream and balloons. We stopped to one more store before heading home.

Easter day was busy. The girls were up at 6:15am...which was earlier than when they got up for Christmas!! I didn't go to bed until late Saturday because I stayed up reading so I was reeeally tired. The girls were so excited for easter though and it was really cute. They hunted for their easter eggs. We got to Tim's parents house around 11:15 and Tim's parents had an Easter egg hunt set up for the kids there. That was really cute. We had lunch/dinner there around noon and hung out until about 2:00-2:15 and then headed to my mothers. We had dinner at my mom's with her, Bill and his mom and headed home about 7:00. It was a LONG and crazy day. I was exhausted. The girls were too. I think they really had a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment