What a weekend. It came and went so fast...and I hate that. Saturday was great....I got up and didn't have to go ANYWHERE!! It was so nice to get up and not have to get ready to go any where. I got up and relaxed for a bit, ate some breakfast, and then did some cleaning. It felt great to clean and not to be in such a rush like I am during the week. I was able to dust, sweep, vacumme, and do some minor rearranging. It was nice.
Saturday even we had a family get together (extended family), we all got together for a pizza night to start off the hunting season. LOL It is basically an excuse to get the fam together. That was fun. It's nice to see family that you don't usually get to see. The girls were good and Skye was making everyone laugh. She would just blurt out these random remarks...she was quite the little actress. Oh and she got the idea Friday (while at daycare) that she wanted to be a "Drama Queen" for halloween. ROFL So now when you ask her what she wants to be...that what she says. It was a mermaid....now I have no clue what I am going to do. LOL Brooke went from wanting to be Hannah Montana to being Frankensteins Bride or something....a gothic type Bride. That will be ALOT of fun to do. Hopefully she sticks with that.
Sunday we had a football game. That didn't go so well. We didn't have to be there as early as Tim did (he couches and Brooke cheers) so I took the girls. We got all the way there (45 minute drive) and Brooke starts throwing a fit about not wanting to cheer. She was in full tears, bawling her eyes out. I have no idea what brought it on. She gaves a hard time about cheer practice the other night. I tried to figure out what is up with her and see if there is something going on that she hasn't told us but she hasn't said anything. I asked it someone was being mean to her, or if she was scared...and I got nothing. She just keeps saying she doesn't want to do it. *Shrugs* We have been doing this since the first of August and NOW....she doesn't want to do this....a week before cheer competition....she is letting down her team. Now the coach has to fix the routine. I am so dissapointed and really just confused. I can't force her to do it but she is being grounded. This is her first time being grounded. She isn't allowed to go to her friends house, no phone (she only talks to one person anyway...she's only 7), and no computer games for the next 2 weeks (until football is over). I know she doesn't full understand that she is really letting her entire team down, and that she made a commitment to do something. If there was a REAL reason why she didn't want to do this it would probably be different. This situation really stinks.
Well I have done alittle retail therapy yesterday and today....and actually I have a bit more to finish up. LOL This weekend I ordered some new clothes from Old Navy. I have a "thing" with hoodies and they just got some new one's that look really nice...and comfy. I got two (I think) a grey one and a green one. I got a few tanks to wear under my scrubs for work and two other henley type shirts. I also picked up a few things for Skye. She really needs some new clothes.
Then this morning I just snatched up a cute little wristlet on ebay. LOL I have been wanting one for soooo long. I got a Vera Bradley "Raspberry Fizz" wristlet. It is sooo cute and I can't wait to get it!!! I hate the waiting. LOL
I also have my 40% off coupon to use at SSD....I have an whole list of things and I CAN'T get it all so I need to weed a few things out. I also want to make sure I am not forgetting anything so I have alittle work a head of me. Tomorrow is my late day for work so I need to make sure I get my shopping done before the end of the day so I can play tonight once the girls go to bed and tomorrow morning. :)
busy weekend!!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter did the same thing with chorus when she started high school. I hope your little girl opens up and tells you why she doesnt want to cheer.
That is a really cute clutch purse (for lack of a better word LOL) I would love something like that is like brown/teal!! Might have to check it out :-)
Sounds like a busy weekend, but fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI love retail therapy! Have fun shopping with your sweet rewards!
Oh that sounds like a busy weekend.
ReplyDeleteAnd retail therapy sounds fabulous! Love the wristlet. And you'll have to show off what you get at SSD!
Oooh I love hoodies too! They are just sooo comfy and cosy!
ReplyDeleteAnd I looove that little wristlet, it's so cute! Have fun shopping at SSD, i love that place!